1. Being great at dealing with people is not an inborn talent. It is made through tons of research and deliberate practice.
2. A big part of emotional intelligence is being able to feel an emotion without having to act on it. Uncontrollable desires make you seem weak, unworthy and pathetic.
3. Don’t ever try to impress people by revealing your secrets or flaunting your achievements, for its effect is often the opposite of what you expected. Stay low-key, stop telling people more than they need to know.
4. Move in silence, never let them know your next move. You are more likely to achieve your goals if you keep them to yourself.
5. Keep your effort and your tricks to yourself and you seem to be an untouchable genius.
6. You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you. Confidence is not ‘they will like me’. Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t’.
7. Don’t underestimate the seductive power of an elaborate vocabulary.
8. Trust yourself more and others less. The only way to survive is to admit you are on your own, learn to make your own decisions, and trust your judgement.
9. Respect people’s feelings. Even if it doesn’t mean anything to you, it could mean everything to them. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
10. Set your price high. Even those who turn you down respect you for your confidence, and that respect will eventually pay off in ways you cannot imagine.
11. If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value. Let others worry about being socially acceptable; those types are a dime a dozen.
12. Sometimes the easiest way to solve a problem is to stop participating in the problem.
13. People judge you by appearances, the image you project through your actions, words, and style. Act like a king or queen to be treated like one. If you do not take control of this process, then people will see and define you the way they want to, often to your detriment.
14. You are the king or queen and you ignore what offends you. If you waste time and energy in such entanglements, it is your own fault.
15. If you allow people to feel they possess you to any degree, you lose all power over them. By not committing your affections, they will only try harder to win you over.
16. You need to turn your back on what you want, show your contempt and disdain. The less interest you reveal, the more superior you seem.
17. A fake friend can do more damage than a hundred honest enemies. They hide certain qualities and opinions in order to keep you in their side. They are also more prone to envy and ingratitude. Watch who you trust, betrayals are born through friendship.
18. Don’t ever say anything you don’t want played back to you someday.
19. Individuals are honest only to the extent that suits them (including their desire to please others).
20. Evaluate the people in your life; then promote, demote, or terminate. You’re the CEO of your own life. The smarter you are, the more selective you become.
21. Do not underestimate the effects of your pessimistic, unambitious, or disorganized friends. If someone isn’t making you stronger, they’re making you weaker. Flee from negative people’s presence or suffer the consequences.
22. Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious. Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you.
23. Be with really smart people. A group of smart people can often feed off of each other and become more than the sum of their individual parts. If you ever find that you’re the smartest person in the room, you need to find another room.
24. If you have the right of way, take it. Say “no” without explaining yourself. Don’t be afraid to dissapoint. What you allow is what will continue, don’t tolerate bad behaviors.
25. If you need to turn people down, it is best to do so politely and respectfully. Some people’s insecurity and ego fragility cannot tolerate the slightest offense.
26. When people treat you like crap they feel like crap. People aren’t against you; they are for themselves. Don’t take on their internal struggle, send them off with peace.
27. Swallow the impulse to offend, even if the other person seems weak. Never make this mistake of thinking that you elevate yourself by humiliating people.
28. It is the fool who always rushes to take sides. Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself.
29. Don’t argue with negative people, this is part of how they trap you. Silence is the best reply to a fool.
30. Just because some people are fueled by drama doesn’t mean you have to attend the performance.
31. The values of the world we inhabit and the people we surround ourselves with have a profound effect on who we are. What you are today and what you will be in five years depends on two things: the people you meet and the books you read.
32. People may not tell you how they feel about you, but always show you. Train yourself to read people, picking up the signals they unconsciously send about their innermost thoughts and intentions.
33. We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry.
34. There is no point in making a display of your controversial beliefs, opinions and dangerous ideas. Think as you like, but behave like others.
35. If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t quit. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
36. Judge everything by what it costs, not just in money but in time, maintenance, dignity, and peace of mind.
37. Keep your cool and maintain a low profile, patiently building support to your rise to power. Once you learn patience, your options suddenly expand.
38. Never flaunt your wealth, and carefully conceal the degree to which it has bought influence. Consider showing your wealth only on the inside of your house.
39. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
40. Appearing better than others is always dangerous, but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no faults or weaknesses. Envy creates silent enemies.
41. Excessive praise is an almost sure sign that the person praising you envies you. Once envy reveals itself for what it is, the only solution is often to flee the presence of the enviers, leave your enviers to stew in a hell of their own creation.
42. The feelings of achieving success blinds us the most. Give yourself the space to reflect on what has happened.
43. You need to realize that your moment of triumph is also a moment when you have to rely on competence, strategy and focus all the more.
44. Failure will definitely come to you in your journey to power and success. But if you prepare for the fall, it is less likely to ruin you when it happens.
45. Bad luck teaches valuable lessons about patience, timing, and the need to be prepared for the worst. Good luck deludes you into the opposite lesson, making you think your brilliance will carry you through.
46. Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
47. Don’t get mad, get distant. No matter how strong you are, fighting endless battles with people is exhausting, costly, and unimaginative.
48. Sometimes silence is the best way to let someone know they did you wrong.